Monday, March 9, 2015

Help the Homeless Initiative

Over the 2014 holiday season, my parents and I made 47 bags full of necessary items and snacks for the homeless. We went downtown to the homeless parks to hand these bags out on 2 occasions. The weekend before Christmas and on Christmas day. The experience was incredible! The people we helped were so grateful and were so concerned about their friends, they made sure everyone in the park had a bag! I left there feeling great about what we had done but wishing I could do more.

Here are a few pictures from when we handed out these bags...




The homeless need these things all year long. The homeless population need way more than what we were able to provide. My goal is to open a non-profit organization called "Help the Homeless Initiative" to provide self preservation items for the homeless population year round. Of course, I can't so this without help and support of the community. I am in the process of working through the logistics of forming a non-profit organization but that takes time and money. For now, I have started a dreamfund page to raise money to make this dream a reality!
Any donation no matter how small will help me to help the homeless population! 
Thank you on behalf of myself for believing in me and for helping make my dream a reality! 
Thank you on behalf of all of the people I will be able to help as a result of your support!
If you'd rather donate some items to me. I have made a list of some items that would be helpful... (my list is still a work in progress) Please e-mail me sarabeth111@gmail.com for information on where to bring or send the items

-Feminine hygiene products
-Tooth brushes
-Tooth paste
-Toilet paper

-Chapstick
-Sunscreen
-Tissues
-Lotion
-Blankets
-Socks
-Gloves
-Hats
-Scaraves
-Undergarments
-Soap
-Reusable grocery bags
-Non perishable snacks
-Gift cards for Safeway (prefer more in a smaller amount than one large one so they can be distributed to many)
-Gift cards to Dunkin Donuts (prefer more in a smaller amount than one large one so they can be distributed to many)


(Disclosure: I am not a non-profit organization so any donations will not be tax deductable. These donations will help me form my non profit organization)

No comments:

Post a Comment